Occipital Tech is looking for a passionate and inventive Mechanical Design Engineer to drive the design and development of our sorting machines. As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for research, design and prototyping of new initiatives. We are looking for someone who’s capable of leading a team and handle the entire mechanical design process.
- Convolutional Neural
- Image Processing
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Image Segmentation
- Machine Learning
- Tensor Flow
- Minimum 2 years of design experience. Prior experience in developing mechanisms for specific applications is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- In-depth understanding of mechanisms and product lifecycles
- Experience in designing components and mechanisms for heavy machinery or robots
- Experience in CAD software like Solidworks and Autodesk
- Ability to research new designs, technologies, and materials for relevant use cases.
- Enthusiastic to work hands-on
- Prior work experience with hardware projects during academics (eg.BAJA SAE, Robocon) is preferred
- Ability to fabricate designs in a workshop is a must